Social media can be overwhelming. Sometimes it feels like you’re stuck in a crowded room and everyone is shouting in an effort to be heard. But if you can somehow sort through all the noise, you find that one of the best things about social media is that it’s social. It’s interactive.
Social media allows readers to connect with their favorite authors. A lot of authors do their own posts, so you get their thoughts and opinions, not a corporate press release. It’s the best way to stay up-to-date on what’s happening in their world, and not only do you get a peek into an author’s world, you can become a part of it.
Being connected to your favorite authors through social media also gives you the opportunity to show them a little love. (And fight back against all the haters out there.) The key to supporting your favorite authors on Facebook is interaction. Don’t just look at their page or read their posts—interact. Let them know you’re out there and that you enjoy their work.
Here are eight quick and easy ways you can interact with your favorite authors on Facebook:
- Like an author’s Facebook page.
- Invite a friend to like an author’s page.
- Like an author’s post.
- Share an author’s post, especially if it’s something like a book release. You can help generate buzz about the new book and ensure a successful launch. The author will experience warm fuzzies in abundance!
- Comment on a post.
- Join the author’s event when they do something like a book cover reveal, giveaway, or Facebook release party.
- Share the event.
- Invite friends to the event.
With a few simple clicks, your favorite authors will be feeling very loved, so make sure to give them some Face(book) time today.
What other social media do you use? How do you use it to support your favorite authors?
©2014 Kim Vandel