Social media is the obvious go-to method when you want to let people know about the books and authors you love. While Amazon might not qualify as social media, it still has some great tools you can use to get the word out. They make it super easy to show love and support to your favorite authors.
Here are my Top 10 Ways to Show Amazon Love to Authors:
1. Buy their books. Obvious, right? But don’t just buy their books. After you make your purchase, you’ll be given the option to share a link on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. Share the link and let your friends and followers know about the awesome book you just bought. There’s an added bonus if you share it on Twitter. Your followers can reply with #AmazonCart, and the book will be saved to their Amazon shopping cart for easy purchase the next time they visit Amazon.com. Without leaving Twitter!
2. Share their books on social media. Already bought the book? No problem. You can still share a link and let people know about the must-read novel. Just look for the social media icons on the book’s “product page.”
3. Review their books. Tell potential readers what you loved about a book and encourage them to buy it. Reviews will also help a book get noticed by Amazon’s complicated algorithms. The more reviews, the more Amazon will take notice, and the better the chance of Amazon suggesting that book to prospective buyers.
4. Share your review. Once you’ve submitted your review, you’ll be given the option to share a link on social media. Grab the attention of your friends and followers. Encourage them to check out your five-star review.
5. Post a picture. On the book’s product page (under the cover image) there’s a link to “share your own customer images.” Post a picture of you reading the book or a picture of you with the author at a book signing. Be creative and don’t let social media have all the image-posting fun!
6. Vote on helpful reviews. At the bottom of each review, you’ll find the question “Was this review helpful to you?” Voting “yes” on favorable reviews will bump them to the top and give potential readers a positive first impression of the book.
7. “Like” the author’s Amazon page. To find their page, enter the author’s name in the search bar, or you can access it from a book’s product page. You’ll find the author’s name (with a link to their page) directly below the book title. The “Like” button will be on the right hand side of the author’s page.
8. Share their Amazon author page. Right next to that “Like” button are the social media icons that make it easy to share the page and let people know about one of your favorite authors.
9. Share notes and highlights. If you’re reading the digital (Kindle) version of a book, you can highlight text or make notes as you read. Highlight your favorite lines from the novel. Make notes about a scene that really connected with you or one you thought was beautifully written. If you’ve linked your Kindle to Twitter, Facebook, or Goodreads, you can share those notes and highlights. They also show up on the book’s product page.
10. Start a discussion. You can do this on a book’s product page (below the reviews) or on the author’s Amazon page (under the list of their books). Start a conversation about who you’d pick for the lead role if the book was made into a movie or what makes your favorite author so amazing.
What other ways can you think of to show your favorite authors some love on Amazon?
©2014 Kim Vandel